Make sure you meet the criteria listed below! If you do WhatsApp or e-mail a video clip or voice note of no longer than 3 minutes, as well as the following:
- Name & surname
- Date of birth
- Own cell number
- Name of farm / cellar / pack house
- Job description
- How long you have been working on the farm, in the pack house or cellar
- Nearest town
- Should be an agricultural worker in the fruit and/or wine industry working on a farm, packhouse or cellar for a total of three months or longer in the past 12 months and in the time of event employed in agriculture.
- You may only enter if you are an agricultural worker in one of the following industries: apple,pear, plum, peach, nectarine, apricot, cherry, citrus, blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, pomegranate, dried fruit (within the deciduous fruit and grape industries), honeybush tea, wine and table grapes, fynbos, pecan nuts, figs or olives.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older and finished with school.
- May enter in any South African indigenous language.
- May only enter as a singer – no groups.
- Previous Top 10 finalists may not enter again.
- The entrants will be judged by a panel selected by the sponsors.
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The judges reserve the right to withhold the award depending on the merit of the entries.
- This competition is for amateur musicians only.
- Only entries related to agricultural workers in the fruit and wine agricultural sectors (farms, pack-houses or cellars) will be accepted.
- If chosen as a finalist, you will be asked to provide proof of employment.
- Please make sure that you submit all the detail requested with your entry.
- By entering this competition, entrants accept the rules and thereby indemnify HORTGRO, the Citrus Growers Association, the VinPro Foundation SATI and the Western Cape Department of Agriculture against any liability in the case of injury or death, or any other cause whatsoever arising from the competition.